Bikini vs. Hipster: What’s the Difference?
Although the hipster and bikini categories are often used interchangeably, they are actually quite different. Both are attractive and simple in design and offer different levels of coverage, which can make it difficult to know which one to choose. This guide will help you understand the differences between the two types of underwear and choose which one is right for you.
Read on to learn more about hipster and bikini underwear styles…
What is a Bikini Brief?
The bikini brief is a classic style of underwear and offers medium coverage at both the waistline and the back. The waist is low rise and hits right above the pelvis, directly at the hipbone. As for the back, most bikini styles are cut to fully cover the bottom; however, because of the shorter sides, the amount of cheekiness can be adjusted to some extent.
Bikini briefs have relatively short sides, often only an inch or two wide. This low-sides-style allows you to show off more of your midsection and thighs and also ensures that you don’t have to worry about your underwear showing when you wear lower-rise pants.
Because of their versatile style, bikini panties are an excellent go-to for just about any outfit. Due to the cut, you don’t have to stress about the waistband or panty lines showing as you go about your day. This underwear style also doesn’t ride up and stays in place firmly, so you don’t have to worry about a wedgie that can happen with more cheeky styles.
What is a Hipster brief?
Hipster briefs have a similar cut on the back as a bikini. These briefs fully cover the cheeks but do not go further down the butts and thighs. (Consider boyshorts for more coverage on the legs.)
Where hipster briefs differ is the waistband. There is more fabric on a hipster panty waistband, so the band hits higher and the sides are thicker. Because of this, the sides of hipster panties can’t be hiked up as much as bikini briefs, which does not allow the cheekiness to be adjusted as much. Hipster briefs are mid-rise and hit an inch or two below the belly button.
Hipster briefs are great for those who want a little more coverage on their abdomen but still prefer a cheeky style. Hipsters are also a good solution when you want to wear mid-rise pants and don’t want the waistband to chafe your skin directly.
Here are a few differences between Hipsters and Bikinis that you need to keep in mind:
1. Medium to full coverage on the buttocks.
1. Smaller in size and have lesser coverage.
2. Broader coverage around the abdomen area.
2. Are least on as they sit low waist.
3. Available in high, mid, and low waist.
3. Found in low waist only.
4. Found in basic designs perfect for everyday wear.
4. Have various designs and colors, are versatile enough as well.
5. Perfect for when you want naturally higher-fitting style to wear under tight skirts and high-waisted trousers.
5. Perfect for low waist outfits and also to wear on the beaches.
Points to Note:
Choose hipster briefs if:
- you want more frontal and back coverage
- you want basic pieces for everyday
- you’re looking for less cheekiness
Choose bikini briefs if:
- you want low waist and lesser coverage around abdomen
- you want something for vacations and glam nights
- you’re looking for extra cheekiness
Leave a Reply